Saturday, June 5, 2010

A walk in the park

It's summer here, although we're not out of school yet, the temperatures are hitting near 100, so the photo walks are getting earlier and earlier out of necessity. This morning, I went out at 7:30. I was hoping to catch some of the early morning sun and I was quite happy with the lighting I got.  In fact, it was better than I had expected, evening light is usually very full and colorful but this morning light had some clarity that I enjoyed, though the heat is not exactly enjoyable. I caught a few shots of this bird as he flew across one of the lakes. The focus is not as crisp as I would like but I was able to focus and click quick enough to catch this image as the light shines through his wings as he was landing. The reflection in the water ripples is also a fun aspect of the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment