Saturday, May 22, 2010

Waterbird...

On my morning walk, what has become a regular weekly walk, at Southlakes Park, I met this beautiful bird. I'm used to seeing blue heron, geese, ducks, egrets and other various birds but this particular water bird I thought had some great markings and distinctions. He and I played a little chasing game. Each time around the lake, he would be sitting on these rocks and I would approach, try to get his picture and then he would fly to the other side. This was repeated with each lap around the trail. This was my favorite of the pictures I got of him. I also had a lot of fun getting some picures of a whole duck family. There was a mom and dad and 7 little ducklings that kept an eye on me but allowed me to get close enough to them for some fun shots. It was a great photo day.

No comments:

Post a Comment