Saturday, October 30, 2010

Duck Pond

Before the rest of the gang came over for the BBQ, I took our house guests on a little hike to my favorite spots. We struck out on wildlife at the lake but fortunately when we got to the pond we found a group of ducks that had alighted there. This is a very small pond and there are not usually ducks here so it was an extra special find. They flew from one side to the other as I came around and I got this shot which I like not just because of ducks in fight but because of the reflections. I took a few other reflection shots at the pond, the bushes made some great patterns and colors in reflection as well. Then I gave Amy and Dean a show by going around to the other side of the pond and sending the ducks flying off right over their heads. Dean has a great video, but I was too busy duck chasing to get one myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment