Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Water takeoff

Today I wanted to go for a walk, just a slow, easy, photo walk. This gorgeous weather makes it even more enticing. Despite a late start, I decided to head over to my "duck park" at Southlakes. Last time I was there, even more ducks had appeared so I went out hoping to catch some of them. The first set swam rather quickly away from me and I moved on to the newest family, who also took off, in flight and in the water. Thankfully by the third set, I was getting quieter on approach and I got closer to this pair before they were alerted to my presence. That's great not only for getting photos but my sudden appearance made them get away in a rush and this is the great shot I got from that. There are now around 20 waterfowl, mainly Mallard ducks but also including a couple pairs of American Coot, as seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment