Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Festival

Fall is finally here in north Texas. That means cooler weather and of course pumpkin patches! Today, I was able to go out to the annual Fall Festival celebration at the Cumberland Presbyterian Children's Home. It's always a fun event with food, music, face painting, a petting zoo, raffles and a hay ride with a pumpkin patch, among the other festivities. I was looking forward to getting out and today the weather was gorgeous for the event. The sun was shining brightly, as you can see from my pumpkin picture. This year's patch was especially fun as they had the Lumpy, Bumpy, Knucklehead pumpkins! I made a mess of my sno-cone, petted various animals, raced Hot Wheels, got some great bargains on Spanish children's books and craft supplies, checked out a Fire Truck, classic cars, and a John Deere and of course took a few pictures. Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment