Monday, October 4, 2010

Smashing Almonds

What do I do when I'm not at work, at a game, working out, scrapbooking, crocheting or taking pictures? Well, I garden of course! This past year and a half I have really cut back on time in the garden and yard and thus have little to show, but one exception is my large quantity of apples and almonds. This is the first year the almond tree has produced fully and there are quite a few steps to getting at the almond itself. Let me say that now I understand why almonds cost so much, the work involved is more than expected. I love it though and it's worth it for me to get to watch them grow and gather them, then remove the fruit and find the seed pod and finally, go at them with a hammer. Here's how you do it, hammer + concrete = almond!

No comments:

Post a Comment