Saturday, November 21, 2009

Referees!!!


This was a four game weekend and I'm only going to put up one basketball picture! This is the one I chose because I have something to say...I hate it when refs try to join the game. Their business is to stay out of the way, be invisible, keep the game safe and let the participants play! That's it, their job, their duty, but sometimes, they just feel the need to exert themselves on the game and tonight was one of those nights. For some reason the refs really wanted the red team to win and they certainly helped them along to a 13 point lead with under 8 minutes to go, by calling not just a horrible but an unevenly horrible game. If you are just that bad, be bad in the same way on both sides of the court, not only calling on one team! So what this picture shows was definitely a charge and yeah, he calls a block. One of many such calls in the game, but give it to the ladies, they came through, put their all out there on the court and pulled the game up to tie it with 23 seconds left and pull ahead to win by 2 points! Yeah, I love my sports :)

No comments:

Post a Comment