Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birds of a feather


I had several opportunities to photograph ducks this weekend. We saw a group of them at the Fishin' Hole in Weatherford yesterday then more today at the Botanical Gardens and even more along the OKC Riverwalk. I love photographing birds (as you might have noticed) and ducks have some amazing coloring. This guy had just come out of the water and was fairly close to me. These ducks are used to being fed and are pretty tame around humans. I love how you can see the patterns on his upper feathers, the water dripping off his lower feathers, the brilliant color of his head and the shine off his wet beak. It was also nice that he turned and looked at me so I could get this shot. It was quite cold and windy outside today but worth it for the beautiful birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment