Friday, January 1, 2010

Seashells by the seashore


I love shells. I'm not sure when or why I got started with them. I've never been a huge beach person but I have always been interested in shells and sand dollars. I have a small collection for decoration around the house. People will bring me interesting shells from various beaches they visit. Thus, the picture of the day as we start a new year is a picture of shells in sand.  feel like shells somehow signify both a beginning and end, especially the ones with the spiral shapes such as several of these here.
I did take this picture today, and no, I'm not on a beach somewhere ;) This particular set of shells and sand come from Corpus Christi, TX. I brought them back home after a conference a couple years ago. It was interesting transporting a bag of sand and shells through the airport but they made it home safely and

No comments:

Post a Comment