Thursday, April 22, 2010

Allie

Allie is our pet snapping turtle. She's been in the family for about 10 years and it's hard to let her go, but she needs a bigger home and we just can't give that to her, so she's getting a new home this weekend. She seems to be a cross between a common and an alligator snapping turtle. She loves it when I workout in the living room, she will follow me from one side of her tank to the other. She enjoys getting live fish snacks, although she is a bit shy about eating in front of people. Everyone that comes over thinks she is so unique and fun. She has been a special pet and I will miss her, but I know she's going to a better home. Since she is a water turtle (and a snapping one at that) it's hard to get pictures of her. I have taken ones over the years but it was time to try again and here's my favorite new one.

2 comments:

  1. Well it seems she's staying a few more weeks. Between Eriq's travels and her new home, scheduling has been pushed back.

    ReplyDelete