Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Snake tongue

Yes, again today I went on a hike with the camera. Today though was particularly interesting as the wildlife goes. Spring is in full force and all the animals are coming out. Just as we were starting out a male cardinal flew into a tree right in front of us, he was followed shortly by a butterfly flying right past my face. In 45 minutes, I saw four butterflies, four snakes, a large lizard, more than a dozen turtles, and a frog. This was the smallest of the four snakes and the one I got closest to, both intentionally and unintentionally. It took awhile to catch a picture with his tongue out, he was very uncertain of me and eventually tired of my picture taking and swam (very quickly) away. About then, time ran out for hiking and we headed home to head on to our next, more urban, adventure at an in town fundraiser, where there was a cow...well a guy in a cow outfit and a bunch of bikers and cops ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment