Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Bell" Flower

This afternoon, while looking at all the downed trees and branches from our recent snow storm, I discovered this bulb flower on the edge of a cliff behind the barn at my parents house. It's a unique flower with beautiful mottled leaves. I wanted a picture to identify it and because it was so pretty. Last night, I was talking about pictures with shallow depth of field, so as I took a few shots, I discovered that this would be perfect. With this shot, I went for that, choosing the main image the flower itself. In the background you can see one of the leaves curled and headed off to the right. I also got the front leaf pointed almost straight forward. The dry leaves and the downed branch add some texture and character to the image. I haven't looked to see if I can figure out the actual type of flower, feel free to tell me if you know it's real name. I got myself out on the edge with a shovel and a pot to get some samples to bring home. Spring is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment