Friday, March 19, 2010

Frog in a stream

As you may have noticed, I enjoy nature photography, I am a nature girl. I love doing things outside, I am intrigued by plants and flowers and animals and even bugs and reptiles. Spring is one of the most amazing times to take a hike and capture life, from the new buds on the trees to the baby animals and everything in between. Officially spring starts tomorrow, I got a head start today and took a perfect spring hike this afternoon and saw trees budding and flowering, robins and cardinals, a branchful of ants, a toad, a turtle and this little guy. I spent some time with him and am pleased with this photo. Then, I headed to a little pond and saw the toad. I caught him right as he jumped although it would have been so awesome with him sitting in the water as I first saw him, but he was too fast to jump. I focused and he was off. My trail was finally not completely soaked although the forecast is for thunderstorms and snow, yes, snow again so it may be another muddy trip my next outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment