Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pink and Purple!

My hyacinth are all opening up now. I had a purple one last week and today I have several. I have a variety of pinks and purples all planted together and here are two of the ones close together. If you look really closely in the background there's a light pink one as well. I had trouble getting the shot I wanted here with all three in the picture but I decided this one is my favorite despite only being able to see the front two colors. The bluebonnets are also coming along, they have the very beginnings of buds just starting to come out of the leaves. It is a great time to be a nature photographer! We usually get our last freeze right about now so it looks like we are well on our way to spring here and I just love it! We've had some rain and overcast skies but honestly the overcast skies make for great flower photos. I do want to get some bright sunlight both in general and also for some pictures but cloudy sure helps with the shadows. Looking forward to my photo day in Fort Worth this week, pictures will be coming by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment