Friday, March 26, 2010

Birds of a feather

TGIF! This has been a long and tiring week but it has finally wrapped up and it's getting better. The weather was gorgeous today, 60s and sunny, and I got to get out for lunch and also get home a bit early. As soon as I got home, I hit the trail for a short photo hike and the birds were all singing, the sun was shining and the breeze was cool. I even saw about half a dozen turtles sticking their heads up in the pond. The one turtle that was hanging out at the edge went right under as I tried to get his picture, camera shy, so you'll have to use your imagination. I was aiming to get bird and wildlife, as opposed to flower, pictures today and so I took only one lens. It worked well for the shots I ended up going after and this is one of them. I loved how this guy got on the end of this broken off branch as well as his coloring and the blue sky is a nice background for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment