Thursday, March 11, 2010

More blooms

Not only is spring showing up all around, but my digital phototography tutorial today was on photographing wild flowers. So, this isn't exactly a wild flower, but the conditions were right. I have been taking photos that focus on a small portion of a plant with everything in the background out of focus, in fact, fading into nothingness. At least, that's been my aim, having the image jump out from the background. So today, I wanted another spring image but I changed it up a bit. Still, the yellow flower is the focal point, however the leaves of the daffodil plant are only slightly out of focus in the background. Although I love bright sunlit flowers, this was taken while it was overcast (as suggested in my tutorial) and it does give even diffused lighting. It's not the most amazing flower image but I was able to play with a few of the things I wanted to while getting the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment